On Tuesday, July 18, 2023, during the first day of the SPFPA Region 3 Conference, as Fire Inspectors Andrew Roinestad and David Mooney of Local 265 entered the breakfast area, they noticed something sparking underneath a tablecloth.
They quickly investigated and found that the source of the sparking was a bare spot on an extension cord. They unplugged it, and the sparking stopped. The sparking could have started a fire if not for Andrew and David’s quick action.
SPFPA members work on the front lines daily, staying alert to stop any possible threat or dangerous situation. We thank them all for all they do.